we often look at our so called Book of Guidance, the Al-Quranul Kareem, and wonder, if this is the book of guidance to the whole mankind, why are there many others out there are still 'lost'..?
in fact, there are many who vowed in believe to the Mighty Allah, yet, their way of life conveys otherwise..
well, look us have a short trip back to what's written in the book of guidance..
the 1st chapter begin with the surah Al-Fatihah, where as we read thru it, we praises Allah for His ever lasting Mercy..
and they follows by our supplication to guide us, to a straight path, and never lead us to be astray.. in verse 6 and 7 respectively..
which is why, we are always encourage to read this al-fatihah before proceeding with our read of other chapter and verse.
followed by the next chapter, the surah al-Baqarah,
Allah immediately let us know, although the book that we hold right then, is to give guidance to us, yet it will only shine the light (guide) to those who are conscious of Allah (verse 2 & 3).
and who are those conscious of Allah..?
well, they are those who
1. believe in the unseen
2. perform prayer (complete and in time)
3. give to the charity
al-fatihah verse 1 till 7:
1. In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful
2. All praises is to Allah, Lord of the Worlds
3. The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful
4. Sovereign of the Day of Recompense (Judgement)
5. It is You we worship, and You we ask for help
6. Guide us to the straight path..
7 The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, and not of those who have evoked (Your) anger or of those who are astray.
al-baqarah verse 2 & 3
2. This is a Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those who are conscious of Allah
3. Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend our of what We have provided for them