6 March 2012

i Jog to Walk..

Now my current aim to jog at least once a week or once a fortnight to prevent myself to loose the ability to walk..

well, let just say, my desire of jogging or long-distance running begun while I was still in primary school when  my dad decided to join in the school jogathon where children pair with one of their parents.

when i ended that race quite good, although i didn't won the cup, it still inspire me to continue my participant in all kind of marathons, jogathon and such organised by the states and school as I entered secondary school..

When I entered the preparation college to study abroad, I halted my participants in such activities as honestly, the 1 year and a half there was quite stressful and heavy work load.. nonetheless, I did jog once a month in a nearby park at my hostel there..

In the year  07, I decided to buy a bicycle as I found it quite interesting to cycle to everywhere I decided to go including my university as I lived quite far from it and at the same time reduce air pollution and save money..

By then, I know why He gave me the inspiration to buy a bicycle at that time..

Later that year.. I was having some cognitive problem.. where my memory was deteriorating..
at the end of that year, when I decided to consult my mum with this problem.. she decided for a meeting with a neurosurgeon not far from hometown.. After all kind of test done on me.. the doctor come up with what was thought causing my cognitive problem.. Although I did not know at that time what was it, the doctor was suggesting that I might experiencing MS.
Both my mum and sister refuse to believe so.. as well, only they know what kind of disease it is..

So, the next year.. my cognitive problem was deteriorating further and my hands are starting to fell the trembling and numbness sensation..Note that my daily life cycling still continues..
And since I've move nearer to the uni., I thought the place to burn my 'fat' is still not enough.. and I decided to go for a jog at nearby park in the morning when I have days that lectures or tutorials started a bit late..

At the middle year, I was confirmed to have MS.. While my parents and sis was quite upset.. to be honest,
 I actually didn't feel any different.. perhaps because I did not know what MS was..

When I went back to my place near my uni. after I shared with my friends what was it.. I think it made a lot of differences.. they started to google it all, and giving their concern on me..

Honestly, that change my feelings towards what I was experiencing..
So, let me just note here.. If u all out there suddenly know your friend or family who suddenly diagnosed with MS, the over-concern to them would actually made them feeling useless..
Perhaps it would have been better if I have never shared my disease with any of my friends back then..
They started to treat me differently.. they saw me as incapable of doing things as others could..
it actually disrupt my self-esteem..

anyway... since others look down upon me back then.. and when I see a lot of MS patients depends on a walking stick or wheel chair to move around.. it actually further my desire to continue to cycle wherever is possible.. and jog whenever I have free time..
they have laughed at me at that time.. but deep inside me, I knew.. If I stop working out, soon my legs will wobble out.. and then lead to the dependency on walking aids..
well, when I gave my MRI to a hospital there, they were actually quite surprised that I could still walk.. as the MRI, I guess was quite bad, showed that it has interfered with my walking ability..

anyhow, for a year I continue my cycling and jogging to continue having the ability to use the legs gifted by Him..
and yeah, a great thanks to Him for giving me the chance to graduate without much difficulties although my cognitive problem got even worst..

now, being back at my hometown.. cycling is not an option here.. as the society here do not practice that kind of transport due to the condition of the roads that are not safe to cycle. the lack of safety to be alone on the road and also now I have a job, I have to discontinue my cycling 'hobby'..

Nonetheless, I have made it a compulsory to go for a jog at least once a week..

So, I will say that I jog to enable me to walk without any aid .. and may He, Allah Ta'ala will continue to give me the assist in facing this worldly life..

-pen off-
Watermark theme. Theme images by compassandcamera. Powered by Blogger.