16 March 2012

history in novels..

Last week, as I attempt to clean our so called ‘library room’, I came across a boom entitled "Paths of Glory" written by one of the famous author, Jeffrey Archer.

When I read the synopsis, I thought it was quite a good book as its written based on a true story. The story begins about a young boy who has the enthusiasm in climbing. To summarize it short, after patience and trial, the boy who had grown up to the age of nearly half a century, manage his dream to be the first climber to the top of Mount Everest. Although he and his climbing partner did not manage to came back down safely, nonetheless, the desire that never worn out should be look upon.

At the end of the story, Archer wrote the shot summary of the characters in real life, and when I goggle it, the story does closely follow the history.

This kind of remind me the novels I’ve read written by Abdul Latip Talib, where he wrote his novels based on the Islam histories. The only difference is that Abdul Latip wrote it in Malay while Archer’s in English.

If I have my way, I’ll encourage authors out there to to write their novels all based on histories.. as there are people like me, who have problem to focus in reading factual stuff such as in history classes, will certainly be indulge upon reading one in written in novels way..
Watermark theme. Theme images by compassandcamera. Powered by Blogger.